CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bye-Bye Wood Paneling!

Things have been a little crazy around our house lately and unfortunately I don't think it is going to get any better for the next month or two. Everyone keeps telling me that it will all be worth it in the end and I do know this is true but, most days its hard to see the end.

My husband and I purchased my Grandfather's Ranch House. This is a great adventure for the two of us and luckily for me my husband, Andy is very handy! We have been doing all the remodeling by ourselves, yes just him and I. Of course my husband still has to work at his regular paying job. Therefore we work on the house in the evenings and all weekend long. I guess you could say that I'm the lucky one being a teacher I have the summer's off. However, I am beginning to wonder if I really am the lucky one in this case. With me being home I am the one who makes numerous trips to the local Home Depot or Lowe's which is a half hour away. I gather the supplies and begin the days project before my husband gets home.

We began our remodel project by taking down the wood paneling in the living room and the bedrooms. This part was easy, I can't believe how nicely it came down. Then came hauling the paneling away and the process of texture the walls.

Next, we moved onto painting the built-ins that are in the living room a nice white. The old style stain was not going to work for me. I love the way they look now, of course we are a long way from being finished, but it is getting there.

Someday, Someday! We will be sitting on our front porch enjoying a nice cold glass of tea and the beautiful view of the foothills. I will keep you posted with more before pictures and hopefully soon the after pictures as well.

Happy Tuesday to you all!



The Living room with the wonderful wood paneling!



One of the bedrooms with the wood paneling!




Another view of a bedroom with the wood paneling, but check out the large closet, oh yeah and my crying daughter; poor thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I added you to my blog roll. :)
My husband is a contractor so we've remodeled several homes so I know what you are going through. Just remember the outcome - its going to look great!
Sue

Kim G. said...

Hey girl, it's going to be a great house when you get done with it, hang in there, at least you don't have to live in it while you work on it :)XO

Post a Comment